Quite a few individuals see White space as a negative, emptiness, basically a blank canvas that needs to be filled with stuff. A creative person, on the other hand, sees and uses it as a tool to balance and enhance details. White space, when used right, is the perfect backdrop to showcase + accent good design.
Yellow Duck PR Corporate Identity via Design With Chon
Hotel Ambrose Corporate Identity via Miklos Kiss
NY Times Style Magazine Website
White can represent a lot of things, and the qualities that I love most is its sense of purity, freshness, timelessness, and it brings about a chic factor that you can't get with any other hue.
A good trick with white is, embrace it in abundance. Say about 95% of your visual playing field is white, and in the other 5%, use one or two colors strategically in a graphic design layout or in an environment, and it will make a simple, but bold visual statement. For good examples of this, see the Yellow Duck PR brochure above, Red Rose Petals in the Ceremony Aisle below or the Grey + Gold Decor Accessories in the Bedroom shots below.
[Wedding + Private Events]Storied Locations Blog
Remember White Space can be your friend, and it can be friendly on your budget, too. For Wedding/Private Events, most reception venues always have white linens in-stock for table covers/ napkins, and it's available to you as part of your booking. Use it to your advantage, save a buck on the linens, and invest in gorgeous florals for your table that will pop off of the White backdrop of the linens. If you're looking for a dramatic mood shift for the reception, cheat the space with colored environmental lighting. And coincidentally, "White" fabric is the go-to backdrop to bounce the full spectrum of light rays.